I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Adam Ondra hips, flexibility, stuff, by Stevie stiffer Haston


Adam on a 9a in Sicily, no flexibility just the continuity of a steam train. I really like Adam, he is clever, gives me hope, and has tremendous discipline. Kind of normal for the best climbers of world, it's not talent it is hard work, dedication, discipline, imagination, hope, iron will, and when everything fails, bloody persistence. Here is a piece I wrote on Adam for Gripped magazine, check it out. 

Adam looking happy, another 9a in the bag, he can afford to smile. Here is a link to some really educative video of him doing some 9's, which haven't got major media attention. Lovely bit of film, I actually think that it is better than the Sorcerer's apprentice, which it didn't make its way into, it's a kind of sorcerer's "out takes". There's lots of flexibility, lots of bridging, lots of hips, it's what I've been talking about for the last couple of blogs, plus huge imagination - the crucial ingredient that I haven't got.