I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Monday 20 February 2012

A hard man is Ardbeg to find, by Stevie Sloshed Haston


 
Paul Diffley, the film guy, came round to see me from Bonny Scotland. He came with gifts, a bottle of Islay Malt, and two Cam Six, any guesses why he was here? Anyway he's done a few climbing films and has won a few awards, I personally like two of his films very much. The Pinnacle is an interesting historic story of Ben Nevis Basher Jimmy Marshall, and the enigmatic Robin Smith, worth seeing if you like a bit of history and Scottish hyperbole. Second film is perhaps Paul’s best film, certainly for me, a lovely filmed and heartfelt appreciation of the first ascent of the Long Hope Route on the Scottish island of Hoy. Paul took the first ascentionist, the first free ascentionist by a slight variation, and finally the first all free full on ascent, its actually magic stuff and everybody gets a big thumbs up from me. Sumptuous filming of Rathwick bay and the majestic Old Man of Hoy, the best climb in Britain. I well remember a Moon filled night, fuelled on whiskey, running around naked, howling at the Moon with Pete of Pete’s Eats Cafe and Ray Kay. A Long Hope away....