I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Wednesday 11 September 2013

The dog, the shoe, the overhang. by Stevie Haston


So the climbing was funny, 8a, 7a, 7b, 8b, nearly fell off the 6b, When is a 6b not a 6b? That's why I used to like lifting iron, a set weight is a set weight, you know where you are with iron. Now this dog followed us to the crag, and if I put my shoes down it would run off, so we had a warm up or two! His puffing master had to make the journey up the hill, twice, poor old bloke.


 Grip strength is essential, this new exercise is a bit expensive, but dog gob seems very sticky judging from my sucess.  



Went climbing, felt useless, did my hardest route for quite awhile, funny dat!  The dead lift is hard especially if you do it wrong, like me. My form is half way between a dead and a Romanian then turns into a stiff legged dead lift, so it is really a Dead stiff legged romanian!  

I did some brief training sessions lately like the one above, which seemed to help. Then I stacked 6 tones of wood with Laurence which killed us both! Laurence has a few of climbers in her classes now and thinks they will climb harder.