I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Bachar belated goodbye, by Stevie Haston.

Its 10 years since Bachar died! I remember where I was when I heard the news, this isnt a joke, its just that it was an important event for me.
10 years have passed and some how his death has only hit me now. His passing came back to me a few days ago when doing a course for 10 little kiddies who were asking how safe climbing was. I had no problem saying climbing was safe, its as safe as life after all. Bachar lived to 52 years old! Bachar did incredible things that fed incredible things by climbers in the UK!
Climbing still owes a debt to Bachar. But hey kids dont be Bachar!


 For Bachar and others, stone is still sacred. To my friends who still climb, for the people who feel a tingle in their finger tips.


The new latest splash zone, I cant help feeling that Bachar would have liked it here.

 Gear, use gear and your chance of reading about others might increase! Use gear and it might be more boring too!


I still have the odd day soloing, I still love it. Will I die,? Yes of couse I will die. So before I go, I will thank now all those people who put a tingle in my finger tips, they are far too many people to mention (sadly) but Bachar is one, and I'll just mention Tony Willmot, because he was the first guy I knew who died soloing. Some of Tony's gear some how came into my clasp, and helped me stay alive!