I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Tuesday 9 October 2018

People of the Book by Stevie have faith Haston.

This is a review of the White Cliff, read it and fucking weep, read it and laugh, read and feel your fingers digging into the cover. Just read it!
What Martin Farr did for Cave Diving with the Darkness Beckons, Grant Farquhar does for one cliff in a forgotton part of Brexit UK. Mind you it is perhaps the best cliff in the world! 


 This is not Gogarth but the Underworld, Christina coming down to pay the Ferryman. You must pay him otherwise he never lets you go. People who climbed on the magic cliff of Gogarth were never let go.


 Mandy landing in the Underworld. There must be so much of me that is actualy Gogarth, I eat the rock, bit the fucking dust and gave it my blood. The cliff came flooding back when I picked up the parcel, thanks Grant. My sweat came back, thanks guys who shared your stories and grip ups! This book on Gogarth is an anthology, and for me it is the best collection of writing that portrays climbers and climbs. Buy it!



 My own Private Idaho, my own private Gogarth.


 The magic munchkin Dawes on his and Graigs fab route, Onan the strong fingered.


 I thought this a bit silly and overdone, but then I read my own bit of writing in it and nearly cried!


As I said before ....unfinished routes there for me...


 Desroy, one of the actors,  more characters than in a hundred picaresque novels.


Two old mates , this book is full of old mates, some dead,  "brown bread". There are un wholesome tales, there are sweet tales..


Rouse, his magic, his vision, the crowd who loved this cliff and forever will know what its like to nimbly step from fluffy cloud  to frothy wave....his oppo Minks, solid madman tethered together on Positron prisoners of their own ambition and love for life. 
Wow what a book The White Cliff.